If you have been injured in an accident in Florida, you know the challenges that can come from personal injury claims in a no-fault state. This means that all drivers of four-wheeled vehicles are required to carry injury and property damage liability insurance, but unfortunately, this does not apply to motorcycle accidents.
This is vital to understand when dealing with injury claims that result from a motorcycle accident because it can significantly affect the ability of the victim to recover compensation for their damages and losses following a crash. A great resource to use in situations like this is an experienced motorcycle accident firm in West Palm Beach. They can help you evaluate your various options for pursuing monetary compensation for your damages and losses.
When you are in a motorcycle accident, you are much less protected than you are during a standard car accident. This means you can end up with incredibly severe, and possibly lifelong injuries. Even with head protection, you can still suffer brain injuries, spinal damage, broken bones, and significant abrasions known as “road rash”.
Injuries like these can result in extensive medical testing and treatment. You will likely have medical bills for current treatment piling up, but then you may need future treatment like surgeries, rehab, speech or physical therapy to fully heal and recover from the accident.
What To Do Immediately After a Motorcycle Accident
If you were just in an accident, your system will be flooded with adrenaline and you will probably not feel most injuries. Check yourself for any significant injuries while you begin calling emergency services. Have them dispatch the police and medical transport to the scene. After that, you should begin to collect information and evidence to protect your claim, gather things like:
- Contact and insurance information for the other driver or drivers. Do not discuss the accident, do not apologize, and do not accept fault at any time. This is crucial.
- Speak to witnesses, and if possible get their contact information and a statement.
- Take pictures and video of the accident scene. Not only the damages to the vehicles but also the surroundings, the weather, even your injuries, and damaged personal property.
- Get medical attention. Whether you take the ambulance to the hospital or get an evaluation from your doctor or the emergency room. This is also absolutely vital because you will need to establish injury to pursue an injury claim. Also do not skip any appointments or treatments, or the insurance company can argue that the injuries were not serious enough since you didn’t need treatment.
- Contact a West Palm Beach motorcycle accident attorney.
How Can LJ Law Group Help My Motorcycle Accident Claim?
The personal injury claims process can be complex, frustrating, and overwhelming, particularly if you are trying to heal and recover from serious injuries. The lawyers at LJ Law Group will be your advocate every step of the way and will fight hard to get you the fair compensation that you deserve. Contact us today.