When you request a ride from a service like Uber, you don’t expect to be in an accident that results in serious injuries. Uber is one of the easiest and most accessible ways to rideshare in the West Palm Beach area, but it requires that you place a large amount of trust in the company’s driver vetting process, and their ability to take action on drivers when needed. Most of the time, Uber rides are completed without issue, however, there are times when a simple ride can end in a devastating crash.
Uber, however, provides very solid insurance protection for their drivers and passengers. Even with this insurance protection, there are loopholes, clauses, and caveats that create complications for people trying to file a personal injury claim. These complications can present themselves during the initial stages of filing the claim, or they can happen later on causing you to have to fight to get the compensation you deserve and may be legally entitled to.
In any car accident, there is a very wide range of injuries that can happen. You could end up with soft tissue injuries, which are injuries like bruises, cuts, scrapes, and abrasions. While painful, these injuries will heal relatively quickly, and should not need extensive follow-up care. More serious injuries include broken bones, internal injuries, and injuries to the head and spine. These injuries not only require much longer healing periods but depending on the severity of the injuries the damage may require surgeries or long-term rehab or physical therapy in order to fully heal and recover.
After A West Palm Beach Uber Accident
- Focus on your health. Immediately after the accident, check yourself for injuries, and begin calling emergency services. Ask them to dispatch the police, and if you need transportation to the hospital, the ambulance as well. You will need to get medical attention, but you may want to transport yourself.
- Gather information. Speak to the other driver or drivers involved, and get their contact and insurance information. Do not discuss fault, do not apologize, and do not discuss the events of the accident until you speak to legal counsel.
- Gather evidence. If there are witnesses, ask for their contact info and a statement if possible. Then begin taking pictures. Get pictures of the damages, the vehicle positions, the surroundings and weather conditions, and your injuries and damaged personal property like cellphones or glasses.
- Get medical attention. Even if you do not feel like you need it, get a medical evaluation. You need proof of an injury for your claim.
- Get legal help. As soon as you can, contact an attorney.
Why Choose LJ Law Group?
Our experienced personal injury attorneys at LJ Law Group have extensive experience with West Palm Beach Uber crashes. We know how to build a strong injury claim supported by documentation and evidence that will be difficult to deny. At every stage of the process, we will fight hard to make sure you recover the compensation you deserve. Contact us today.